Welcome to the home page of the Tea scripting language.
Tea is a high level scripting language for the Java environment. It combines the best features from Scheme, Tcl and Java.
- Integrated support for all major programming paradigms.
- Functional programming language.
- Functions are first class objects.
- Scheme-like closures are intrinsic to the language.
- Support for object oriented programming.
- Modular libraries with autoloading on demand facilities.
- Large base of core functions and classes.
- String and list processing.
- Regular expressions.
- File and network I/O.
- Database access.
- XML processing.
- 100% Pure Java.
- The Tea interpreter is implemented in Java.
- Tea runs anywhere with a Java 1.6 JVM or higher.
- Easily extensible in Java. For example, it supports relational database access through JDBC, regular expressions through GNU Regexp, and an XML parser through a SAX parser (XML4J for example).